Friday, November 28, 2008

Top Ten Settle Quotes from 2008

10. “ . . . or a mullet.”
Claire, finishing my sentence when I was telling her how much I love her hair because we can put it in pigtails or in two braids, or one bun, or two buns, or a high ponytail or a low ponytail . . .”
9. “I love me. You love me.”
Brookie, singing the Barney song, which is supposed to be, “I love you. You love me.”
8. “Stop! Whining!”
Brooke (my 2 ½ year old) to Claire (my 6 ½ year old).
7. “Or you could do something really bad.”
Claire’s thoughts about what the President of the USA could do if he no longer wanted to be president but he had not served his four years yet.
6. “Take Love-Love and boot-tase (suitcase). Stay in hotel?”
Brooke, talking about going to heaven.
5. “No! Chocolate!”
Brookie, a few days after Halloween, objecting to getting her regular two Skittles as a reward for using the potty.
4. “Jee-us, Nice Boy.”
Brookie’s description of Jesus.
3. “I am thankfool for a house and food.”
Claire, on a paper turkey feather at school. Two years ago, she said she was thankful for all of her toys (which is fine, but I think her response this year shows that she is learning not to take some of the basic things for granted).
2. “Miss . . . duh . . . paci.” (I miss the pacifier)
Brooke, we weaned her from her pacifier months ago, but just this week (November 16th) she started telling me that she misses it. It really breaks my heart because although she is not crying when she says it, she is just on the edge of falling asleep and they are usually her last words before she falls asleep; so it is very pathetic. Poor little thing.
1. “I think it would be cooler to be Warren Buffet.”
Jack, in answer to my question about if they (the children) thought it would be cool to be a prince or a princess. It was my lead-in about being adopted into God’s family – not quite the response I was expecting. (Incidentally, Jack knows who Warren Buffet is because he is enamored with a book about World Records -- biggest spider, fastest bird, richest man, etc.)

Please continue to scroll down and you can see our year in pictures. Or at least, March 2008-November 2008. Jan 2008 and Feb 2008 were still on an old-fashioned camera using film and I can’t find those photos in the middle of our current chaos.

No comments: