Sunday, November 16, 2008

In July 2008 . . .

We played and relaxed in Neena's Pool.


The children ate gourmet ice cream in their jammies. (Claire with David's adopted sister, Lily in Dallas.)


We took "glamour shots" of the girls in Dallas with their new matching dresses.


We rode a real trolley to the Dallas Hard Rock Cafe (only to find out that it closed a few months prior to our visit). Brookie STILL talks about the "Cholley".


The girls dug for dinosaur bones at the Children's Science museum.


The girls were serenaded by Prince Charming. (L to R: Jasmine, Claire, Lily, Brooke with Prince Charming in the back.)


We ate at the Dallas House of Blues (since the Hard Rock was closed). I had, as my regular blog readers will know, tortilla soup, that was okay but it came with this awesome Honey Rosemary cornbread that I absolutely loved. (Here we are with David's parents and their two daughters.)


We went to Six Flags over Texas (I don't know what we were thinking by doing that in July!) and Jack rode his first real roller coaster, Claire had fun buying candy and desserts, and Brookie had the best time playing in the water misters that are provided to cool people off. Here they are riding the same carousel that I had my picture taken on when I was around 6. My sister told me I was on a replica Martha Washington's horse and I believed her.


We got to hang with my sister N's family. It is amazing to me how much all of the kids look like each other. I especially think N's daughter (sitting between Claire and Brooke) looks very similar to Brooke (minus the goose egg on her forehead). Here they are taking a "goofy" picture.


We watched the progress of the framers for our house.



The kids goofed around with their Uncle Scott (my brother in from Colorado). L to R: Claire, Scott, Abby (my sister Dawn's daughter) and Jack.


We were amazed at the progress of the framers in just one month.



Claire lost her first tooth.

No comments: