Friday, November 14, 2008

Tagged! Seven Random Things

1. I met David in a History of Science class at OU. On the first day of the Spring semester, our professor “randomly” threw us into a discussion group together that we were in for the rest of the semester. We did not have a our first real date until that summer.

2. I almost died from Legionnaire’s disease when I was in 7th grade.

3. I listen to NPR almost every day.

4. I have never colored my hair. (we'll see what happens when I go gray)

5. I am a tortilla soup connoisseur -- #1 best on my list: On The Border’s tortilla soup (really fresh, topped with slivers of avocado and it heats up well the next day). The worst I have ever had: Garfield’s (it was gross with what seemed like congealed fat globs floating in it).

6. As a child, I pulled weeds in our garden until my hands bled. (My kids have it so easy!)

7. In an Emerging Leaders class at TU, I discovered through a personality profile that I find a great deal of satisfaction from influencing/persuading people. For those of you who know me, you know this can be a good thing, but it can also be an annoying thing!

4 comments:

Laura J. said...

Love your random items! I love tortilla soup as well...will have to try On the Borders because I also love avocados!!

Is NPR the National Public Radio?? I will have to look that up along with Legionnaires!

sonja said...

My original 7 items were way too long, so I cut out the details but I would love to share them with you sometime. Yes, NPR is National Public Radio (very liberal, very biased toward democrats) but interestingly enough, it was an interview on there 3-4 years ago that God used to start us on our journey westward. The pathology of Legionnaire's disease is really interesting, like something you would see on House. So, since you like to research, HAVE FUN!

sonja said...

Laura,
Also, what's your favorite tortilla soup? I want to try it sometime!

Laura J. said...

My favorite tortilla soup is not in any restaurant. I have yet to find one that I REAAAAALY like. My favorite recipe that I make at home came from my friend's sister-n-law who made it up! It is yummy! I will email you the recipe.