Monday, October 27, 2008

High School Musical 3 & Trailers

Jack and Claire and I went to see HSM 3 and we all loved it! I loved the first one; I thought the second one was forgettable and have no desire to see it again; and I can't wait to see the third again even though I just saw it yesterday! The choreography was awesome! There were a few times that "I felt a song coming on" and was a little annoyed because it seemed there had only been a few lines of dialogue since the last song had ended -- but then the sets and costumes were so dazzling and fantastic and the choreography was awesome (did I already say that?) that I quickly forgot about being annoyed and was swept away with the glitz or the grit, depending on the song.

I was really upset about two movie trailers that came on before the movie. First, was a trailer for Twilight. If you are not aware, Twilight is a book series about teenage vampires. It was a really scary trailer and I was upset that they would show a trailer for a PG-13 horror movie to an audience of primarily children who were there to see a rated G movie. And it was tucked in between some more appropriate trailers so it hits you by surprise.

Second, and I am so sad to say this, but we saw the trailer for The Tale of Despereaux. It is a highly anticipated movie at our house because we love, love, love the Newbery Award winning book of the same name. We think the artists did a good job rendering what Despereaux would look like (so, so adorable) but the first few seconds of the preview were the only thing true to the book. It was so obviously different that my children were puzzled. I guess I can't give a true review of the movie until I see it all, but I would highly recommend reading the book before you see the movie.

No comments: