Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Final Thoughts

To follow-up on a few of my other posts:

1. Not only did Jack decide to quit sleeping with his lovies and to refuse good night kisses, now he has decided to call me "mom" instead of "mommy" and David is "dad" instead of "daddy". Every time he says "mom" it actually annoys me because it sounds so WRONG. It feels wrong the way it would feel if someone repeatedly called me Sondra instead of Sonja. I am trying to get used to it, but it makes me sad (and did I say it annoys me?).

2. Several people asked me what was under the swinging bridge that made it so frightening. In the picture, it looks like it is just hanging over a grassy area, but it actually crossed a very swollen, swiftly-moving river.

3. I ended my post about Billy Miller saying that his death seemed like such a waste. Even when I wrote that I felt something was wrong about that statement and after praying (for his family, etc.), I came to recognize what was wrong. In God's sovereignty, nothing is a waste -- and pain especially is often useful to turn hearts toward God and to change lives. (I am a Christian today because of the death of another classmate when I was 10.) That became my prayer for Billy's family and closest friends -- that good things would come from his death.

No comments: