Monday, October 18, 2010

Things I Love and Things I Hate

Something I hate: AT&T. I hate them so much that I decided against an iPhone simply because I did not want to have to deal with them. Now, I am hoping and praying in the next 5 years that someone else will be added on as a provider for iPhone.

Something I love: books. I once read that Charles M. Schultz (creator of Peanuts strip) felt that the best part of his success was that it enabled him to buy any book he wanted. Sigh -- that sounds dreamy to me.

Something I hate: the fact that I let a couple of people talk me out of getting built-in bookshelves in our new home. In my fantasy world, I would be able to buy any book I want and would have floor-to-ceiling bookshelves that have one of those ladders that slide across a bar so that you can reach the books that are too high (which would be most of them since I am staturally-challenged).

Something I love: The new Incredible Bra by Victoria's Secret. It really is incredible. Supposedly, it can add up to two cup sizes, but that's not why I love it. This is why: the underwire is enclosed inside foam and it is perfect with t-shirts because there are no clasps on the straps and somehow it doesn't show back fat. I am serious, this bra is some sort of scientific wonder.

Something I hate: The Incredible Bra's price.

Something I love: hearing my kids laugh together when I am in a different room.

Something I hate: being almost 40 and still dealing with acne.

Something I hate even more than that: the fact that my insurance company has decided to only cover acne medication until age 26. Uhh -- for me that was like, more than 10 years ago, and believe me, I wish that acne magically disappeared at age 26!

Something I love: rye bread.

Something I hate: divorce. I feel like it's the reason that I don't know a lot of my family very well. Divorce makes family gatherings awkward and divorce causes people to move far away from each other.

Something I love: being in the country and exploring nature.

Something I hate: teachers who abuse kids. Hasn't happened to me or my kids, but I know about it happening here in Bville and the person is still working in an elementary school.

Something I love: studying the Bible.

Something I love more than that: teaching kids about what I have learned when I study the Bible.

Something I hate: having to count calories.

Something I love: my husband's hair when he lets it grow out a bit. Can you say McDreamy? I especially like it when he doesn't have to go to work for a few days and he doesn't shave.

Something I hate: when the person I'm on the phone with tells me they need to go because they have another call. How rude is that? If it's a doctor or an emergency, that's one thing. Otherwise, it is just rude, rude, rude.

Something I love: tortilla soup, but most of you (if anyone is even reading this) already know that.

Something I hate: smoke detectors that malfunction in the middle of the night.

Something I love: cooking dinner.

Something I hate: cleaning up after cooking dinner.

Something I hate more than that: cooking dinner, having kids complain about dinner, then having to clean up after said dinner. Makes me just want to feed them McDonald's and let them deal with their atherosclerosis later.

Something I love: my kids -- so I will keep trying to get them to eat healthy.

Something I hate: the idea that someday I will leave this wonderful world behind. I do so much love grass, trees, blue skies, leaves, the moon, stars, and enjoying a rainbow with my kids.

Something I love: the idea that when I do leave this earth behind, I will get to see my dad (step-dad) again.

That's all for now. My sweet Brookie wants to play.

3 comments:

rachel white said...

i am in love with this post! and it's safe to say i agree with you on almost every item! especially about cooking, complaining, and cleaning...and the hardening of our children's arteries! :) thanks for the chuckles!!!

i may just copy you, sonja....i need a bit of blog inspiration to get me motivated to post again! :) hugs!!

Juggler said...

i love hearing about your love/hate relationships!

sonja said...

Thanks, Mom, Rachel, Mitzi and JJ for still reading this after I didn't post for about a year! FB made me lazy and homeschooling Jack last year took a lot of time! Rachel, I can't wait to read your list!